“I’m a technologist, founder of an wonderful technology company, non-executive director of others, and a restless entrepreneur with a passion for creating feedback loops between innovation and teams and revenue streams, applying new and old business models to changing industries, and pushing people to do the very best they can do.”
An entrepreneur for over 19 years, Arijit Bhattacharyya is the founder of Virtualinfocom (www.virtualinfocom.com), India’s one of the first game development company. Founder of India’s first B2B portal on game development, India’s first Portal on cosplay www.cosplayseller.com . He is an active advisor and speaker in cyber security & financial management New Delhi forum for cyber crime and security He is creator of India’s one of the first Virtual Reality training institute and maker of Virtual Reality lab in Middle East. He is the creator of Virtual Reality lab in Mumbai with SP Jain institute and maker of the structure of the syllabus.
For the last several years Arijit is speaking in various national and international platforms about game development, virtual reality, and scale up business, wealth management, startup ecosystem and IP. Example: National Entrepreneurs Network, TiE, CII, China VR Film Festival, Good Game Show (Korea), Passion for game (Singapore), Startup Saturday, IIT EDC, IIM Innovation Lab, Digimation-UK, FICCI Frames, Franchise india, NAB China, Xian Film Festival- China, Children Film Festival etc.
He is also Corporate Advisory Board Member of few Universities in India. Advisor of three animation and gaming institute in Russia, UK and India.
He is the creator of India’s one of the first 3D games based on mythology and culture.
He has been invited as a resource person by various institutions from time to time like IIM , IIT, XLRI, VSSUT University, ICAI, NSHM Knowledge Campus, Bengal Engineering & Science College, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Praxis Business School, Manipal University, Globsyn School of Business, SRM University, Poornima University, Camilia Group of colleges, iLead, IEM, BP Podder, Heritage Institute, SP Jain and so on.
He is the creator of India’s first 3D game based on mythology and culture.
Chamber of Commerce Involvement:
1. He was the past Secretary TiE Kolkata – 2014.
2. Steering committee member of CII East
3. President and Board of Trustee of Bong Entrepreneurs
4. Vice President of ELMA
5. Advisor and Mentor of Startup Pad Indian Chamber of Commerce.
6. Board member of Industry Institute Partnership Cell in B. P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology
7. Speaker / Moderator in FICCI Frames 2017 in VR/ AR.
8. Leader, Adviser- ICC Startup Pad, Indian Chamber of Commerce.
9. Active Rotary Member.
10. Leader- Google Business Group- East
11. Creator of Startup-hub in PRSI
Arijit began programming in late 1994 with BASIC, before progressing rapidly to C and C++ in early 1995 for DOS application development, then onto 32-bit development under Windows. He moved to RAD with Borland’s C++ Builder (essentially Delphi for C++) in 1996. In 1997 he became involved in Internet technologies, progressing to dynamic, database-driven websites. In 2000 as he is an artist Arijit turned into the field of animation and late 2001 he became a Game Developer and Simulation Engineer.
Arijit earned a MCA along with Financial Management degrees & some of the global certificates like Brainbentch, MCSD, MCSE & SCJP etc. Over the last few years Arijit has held key positions in several trade bodies and industry associations and has served as a Board Member / Advisor for several companies.
Arijit mentors entrepreneurs and provides strategic inputs and directions to companies. He is a very popular speaker and speaks on his ongoing research in How Scale up Business, Cyber Security, Making IP, Product Development, How Start Smart, Game Development , VR and Wealth Dynamics.
Able to work on his own initiative and as part of a team, Arijit has proven leadership skills involving managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve company objectives. Arijit has first-class analytical, design and problem solving skills and is globally networked and is dedicated maintaining high quality, ethical and corporate governance standards.
1. Core committee member of NRI Startup India, VC Fund based in USA
2. Advisor & Managing Trustee of AKTR, VC Fund based in Middle East.
3. An angel investor with 8 company as portfolio and took exit from three till date.
4. Member Intellecap Impact Investment Network (I3N)
5. One of the Investor & Member Unitus Seed Fund
6. Adviser Founders Institute Kolkata
Corporate Advisory Board Member
1. Ramoji Films
2. BP Podder Institute, India
3. Digimaion, UK
4. NEN- National Entrepreneurs Network
6. AAT USA
Judge & Jury
1. One of the Judge for “Dare to be Digital” for the game development competition at UK
2. Judge & mentor in IIT, IIM, XLRI,JU etc approx 25 Universities & Startup Hubs in India.
3. Judge of i2i India’s largest Business Plan competition.
4. Judge & Mentor of National Entrepreneurs Network (NEN)
5. Judge ICC Startup Pad
6. Mentor and Judge at CIIE, Power Of Ideas
7. One of the Judge for Entrepreneurship drives in iStart, different Business plan competitions.
8. One of the Judge for Indiegame – game development competition worldwide
Achievements, Creation & Industry Involvement
1. Star Enterprise of the year 2011 award
2. Achievers and innovator award from Education Minister in 2012
3. Top 10 Asian company from Red Herring in 2012
4. Writer of Books on Animation and Game Development.
5. Creator of First Hindu Mythological Game Mahabharat.
6. Writer of comics such as Archer, Mahavir, Nutron, Haglu.
7. Creator of first Indian Gaming Club.
8. Started First Indian Cloud based Classroom on Mobile Apps, Animations, Game Development.
9. First Indian Game Store on resources.
10. Advisory board and course content creator of two Animation college in South India.
11. Best game development institute in 2010
12. Creator of Tech-Art concept in India – CSR activity through which 36 odd family became Entrepreneur.
13. Supporting the cause of bootstrapping and running the cause of mentoronroad in East India.
14. In 2008 he became mentor for “TATA UDUYOG PARBO” a joint initiative with NEN
15. Adviser of Different Animation Colleges in India
16. Writer of Books on Animation and Game Development
17. Creator of First Hindu Mythological game Mahabharat
18. Creator of first Indian Gaming Club
19. Started First Indian Cloud based Classroom on Mobile Apps, Animations, Game Development
20. Writer of Animation Books on How to do animations
21. Writer of Game Development Books on Object C, OpenGL
22. Pioneer in Starting of Online Training on Mobile Apps , Animation, Website Design and Game Development at West Bengal, Rajasthan and Nigeria.
23. Member of NEN Entrepreneurship Educator Panel
24. Key note speaker in various trade body & Industry
25. Copyright on Virtual Reality Simulation medical segment solution
26. Copyright and IP on 3D Model making software which translates 2D drawing into 3D polygon.
27. Co-producer of films based in VFX in Spain and France
28. First company to make characters using real people, made as avatar and used in games.
1. 175 + game : target platform iOS, Android, MS & VR with all 3D characters motion captured and created by my team.
2. Making of Indie Movies ( Approx 14 short movies & 2 90 minutes long )
3. Development and deployment of a replacement email system and domain control system.
4. Development of open source simulated medical virtual reality system
5. Design and Development of different platform games
6. Oil rigging simulation solution using drones.
7. Mythology based science fiction based comics series released in Amazon kindle
8. Different web design and dynamic website developments.
9. Creating mobile applications on iPhone, android and smart-phones
10. First Indian research oriented mythology based 3D games.
11. VFX & Co-production of few Spanish movies.